Having completed four stages and about to begin my fifth tomorrow morning, I’ve begun to recognize a pattern which recurs in the rest internval:
1) Relief — for safely finishing a stage and reaching the destination
2) Euphoria — probably endorphin related (though, could also be beer induced)
3) Lethargy — need to get one or two nights of good sleep to recover
4) Loneliness — a form of homesickness begins to creep in; find myself craving familiar music and spending time in restaurants trying to overhear English conversations
5) Excitement — Legs get antsy; it’s time to get back on the road
Bicycle several hundred kms and repeat.